Benefits of Soy
Soy Protein Health Claim
"25 grams of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A 1.12 oz (32 g) serving of WOWBUTTER provides 7 grams of soy protein."
Soy Oil Health Claim
"Supportive but not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1½ tablespoons (20.5 grams) daily of soybean oil, which contains unsaturated fat, may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. To achieve this possible benefit, soybean oil is not to increase the amount of saturated fat in the diet or the total number of calories you eat in a day. A 1.12oz (32g) serving of WOWBUTTER contains 14 grams of naturally pressed soybean oil."
Helps fight Heart Disease
- Research indicates Soy foods reduce blood cholesterol levels
- This occurs due to the isoflavones naturally present in Soy, specifically genistein
Helps fight Osteoporosis
- The Soy protein isoflavones daidzein and genistein help prevent bone loss and breakdown of bones
Helps fight Cancer
- Certain isoflavones in Soy protein have been identified as anti-carcinogenic
- May help to reduce the symptoms of menopause
- Soy protein is one of the only plant based proteins that is a complete protein. It contains significant amounts of all 9 essential amino acids.
- Soy is also rich in calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and fibre.
For additional resources, read more about
Soy Health for Healthy Living • Soy Good For You