Benefits of Soy
Helps fight Heart Disease
- Research indicates Soy foods reduce blood cholesterol levels
- This occurs due to the isoflavones naturally present in Soy, specifically genistein
Helps fight Osteoporosis
- The Soy protein isoflavones daidzein and genistein help prevent bone loss and breakdown of bones
Helps fight Cancer
- Certain isoflavones in Soy protein have been identified as anti-carcinogenic
- May help to reduce the symptoms of menopause
- Soy protein is one of the only plant based proteins that is a complete protein. It contains significant amounts of all 9 essential amino acids.
- Soy is also rich in calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and fibre.
For additional resources, read more about
Soy Health for Healthy Living • Soy Good For You